My name is Han Xiao (肖涵), a Beijinger who spent years in Munich, Berlin and Shenzhen. I currently reside in Shenzhen and frequently travel between these cities.
At Tencent AI, I’m leading a team on neural information retrieval, laying down the next-gen search infrastructure for a China’s everyday app: Wechat. I serve in the Tencent Technical Advisory Council and Opensource Program Office, fostering the open-source and DevOps culture inside the company. I’d love to consider myself as an AI open-source evangelist. My
bert-as-service were listed as the most popular AI open-source projects in 2017&18 world-widely.
I’m a board member at LF AI Foundation, driving the open source innovation in AI by enabling international collaboration. I’m also the Founder & Chairman of the German-Chinese Association of AI. The GCAAI I found in 2017 now has more than 700 members across Germany and China and quoted by the Nature.
Before joining Tencent, I worked at Zalando in Berlin for 3.5y. I received my Ph.D. (2014) and M.Sc. (2009) in computer science from the Technical University of Munich in Germany. My Ph.D. is about adversarial and robust learning on Bayesian and non-parametric Bayesian methods.
Selected talks & interviews:
- Interview: 200 Days as a Board Member in LF AI Foundation, QBit/量子位
- GNES opensource and Tencent OSPO presentation, OSS Summit EU, Lyon France
- Keynote at Darwin’s Circle, Vienna, Austria
- Panel Discussion (moderated by Christopher Keller from the Telegraph) at Darwin’s Circle, Vienna, Austria
- Interviewed by the Nature Magazine
- Interviewed by Alex Williams from the New Stack
- Keynote at Applied Artificial Intelligence Conference 2019, Vienna, Austria, invited by the Economic Chamber of Austria
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon China 2019: AI/ML Media & Analyst Roundtable, Shanghai, China
- Opening talk & keynote at the annual meeting of German-Chinese Association of AI 2019, Berlin, Germany
- Interviewed by the derbrutkasten (an Austrian tech-focused media)
- Interviewed by OÖNachrichten (an Austrian local newspaper)
- Interviewed by Die Chinesische Handelskammer in Deutschland (德国中国商会)
- Internal talks at Amazon, SAP, HERE, OLX, Axel-Springer, Zalando, Carmeq, Porsche Digital Lab, appliedAI, etc. mostly in Germany Berlin and Munich area, 2018-2019
Opinions in this blog are solely my own.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.