My name is Han Xiao (肖涵), the Founder & CEO of Jina AI. Jina AI is a Neural Search Company, our mission is to provide an open-source neural search ecosystem for businesses and developers, allowing everyone to search for information in all kinds of data with high availability and scalability.
From 2018 to 2020, I led a team on neural information retrieval at Tencent AI, laying down the next-gen search infrastructure for China’s everyday app: Wechat. I was a member of Tencent Technical Advisory Council and Opensource Program Office, fostering the company’s open-source and DevOps culture. In 2019, I served in the board of LF AI Foundation, driving the open source innovation in AI by enabling international collaboration. I orchestrated Tencent joining the TODO Group in July 2019.
Before joining Tencent, I worked at Zalando in Berlin for 3.5y. I received my Ph.D. (2014) and M.Sc. (2009) in computer science from the Technical University of Munich in Germany. My Ph.D. is about adversarial and robust learning on Bayesian and non-parametric Bayesian methods.
I’m the Founder & Chairman of the German-Chinese Association of AI.
Selected talks & interviews:
- Interview by Floydhub, 2020.6, The Future of AI is Open
- Guest post at LFAI, 2020.5, All-In Open Source: Why I Quit Tech Giant and Found My OSS Startup
- Interview: 200 Days as a Board Member in LF AI Foundation, QBit/量子位
- GNES opensource and Tencent OSPO presentation, OSS Summit EU, Lyon France
- Keynote at Darwin’s Circle, Vienna, Austria
- Panel Discussion (moderated by Christopher Keller from the Telegraph) at Darwin’s Circle, Vienna, Austria
- Interviewed by the Nature Magazine
- Interviewed by Alex Williams from the New Stack
- Keynote at Applied Artificial Intelligence Conference 2019, Vienna, Austria, invited by the Economic Chamber of Austria
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon China 2019: AI/ML Media & Analyst Roundtable, Shanghai, China
- Opening talk & keynote at the annual meeting of German-Chinese Association of AI 2019, Berlin, Germany
- Interviewed by the derbrutkasten (an Austrian tech-focused media)
- Interviewed by OÖNachrichten (an Austrian local newspaper)
- Interviewed by Die Chinesische Handelskammer in Deutschland (德国中国商会)
- Internal talks at Amazon, SAP, HERE, OLX, Axel-Springer, Zalando, Carmeq, Porsche Digital Lab, appliedAI, etc. mostly in Germany Berlin and Munich area, 2018-2019
Want to Work with me?
Check out our open positions at Jina AI.
Opinions in this blog are solely my own.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.