My name is Han Xiao (肖涵). I’m an Engineering Lead at Tencent AI Lab, the board member at LF AI Foundation, and the Chairman of the German-Chinese Association of Artificial Intelligence. I received my Ph.D. and M.Sc. in computer science from the Technical University of Munich in Germany. At Tencent AI, I’m leading a team on neural information retrieval, laying down the next-gen search infrastructure for a China’s everyday app: Wechat. I’d love to consider myself as an AI open-source evangelist. My
bert-as-service were listed as the most popular AI open-source projects in 2017&18 world-widely. I also serve at the Tencent Technical Advisory Council and OSPO, fostering the open-source culture inside the company.
Before joining Tencent, I worked at Zalando in Berlin (a German online retailer) for 3.5y. I currently reside in Shenzhen and frequently travel between Shenzhen, Berlin, and Beijing.
Selected talks & interviews:
- GNES opensource and Tencent OSPO presentation, OSS Summit EU, Lyon France
- Keynote at Darwin’s Circle, Vienna, Austria
- Panel Discussion (moderated by Christopher Keller from the Telegraph) at Darwin’s Circle, Vienna, Austria
- Interviewed by the Nature Magazine
- Interviewed by Alex Williams from the New Stack
- Keynote at Applied Artificial Intelligence Conference 2019, Vienna, Austria, invited by the Economic Chamber of Austria
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon China 2019: AI/ML Media & Analyst Roundtable, Shanghai, China
- Opening talk & keynote at the annual meeting of German-Chinese Association of AI 2019, Berlin, Germany
- Interviewed by the derbrutkasten (an Austrian tech-focused media)
- Interviewed by OÖNachrichten (an Austrian local newspaper)
- Interviewed by Die Chinesische Handelskammer in Deutschland (德国中国商会)
- Internal talks at Amazon, SAP, HERE, OLX, Axel-Springer, Zalando, Carmeq, Porsche Digital Lab, appliedAI, etc. mostly in Germany Berlin and Munich area, 2018-2019
Opinions in this blog are solely my own.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.